A simple but nutritious family favourite, these patties are quick and easy to make but pack a flavour punch.
1 medium sweet potato (approximately 300g)
400g tin salmon, drained
1 red onion, finely diced
2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
2 tbsp capers
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 egg (beaten)
1/3 cup quinoa flakes OR breadcrumbs
2 tbsp olive oil
Yoghurt dipping sauce
200g natural yoghurt
1 small clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- Peel sweet potato and cut into chunky pieces. Place in a microwave safe dish with a 1/4 cup water and cover. Microwave on high for 8 minutes until soft. Drain away water then transfer sweet potato to a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add to the bowl of mashed sweet potato: drained salmon, onion, dill, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice, beaten egg and breadcrumbs (or quinoa flakes).
- Stir mixture well to combine and season with cracked pepper.
- Divide mixture into 8 portions (about ¼ of a cup) and shape into even patties
- Heat oil in a non-stick fry pan on medium heat and cook patties until golden – about 8 minutes
- Take care when turning the patties as they may be soft.
- To make yoghurt dipping sauce, combine yoghurt, crushed garlic and dill in a small bowl and stir.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Good nutrition is essential for the health and wellbeing of young children. We are proud to partner with NAQ Nutrition, the Qld Division of Nutrition Australia, by producing recipes that are healthy, delicious and aligned with the Australian Dietary Guidelines.