A sweet family favourite full of fruit, fibre and wholegrains.
2 large green apples, peeled, cored and cut into small chunks
2 cups frozen raspberries
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp water
3 tbsp wholemeal flour
½ cup rolled oats
1 tbsp castor sugar
1.5 tbsp vegetable margarine
Canola oil spray
- Preheat oven to 190ºC.
- Add the apples, raspberries, brown sugar and water to a saucepan. Cook over a low-medium heat for five minutes or until apple begins to soften. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, place the flour, oats and castor sugar and mix well. Add margarine and mix with fingertips until mixture resembles a crumb texture.
- Lightly spray four individual oven-proof dishes with oil and portion out the fruit mixture.
- Cover each portion of fruit with the crumble mixture. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until the crumble is firm and the fruit is hot.
- Lightly spray the top of the crumble with the canola oil and put under the grill for a further two minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Good nutrition is essential for the health and wellbeing of young children. We are proud to partner with NAQ Nutrition, the Qld Division of Nutrition Australia, by producing recipes that are healthy, delicious and aligned with the Australian Dietary Guidelines.