These brownies are a great way to add another serve of vegetables into children’s meals in the form of a chocolate treat!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 1 medium sweet potato (orange) – 2-3 cups when grated
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup raw cacao powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ tablespoon coconut flour
- Handful of choc chips to add on top
- Preheat oven to 185 °C, make sure the oven is hot before you put in the brownies in.
- Combine grated sweet potato, eggs, vanilla, honey and coconut oil in a large mixing bowl and stir together until well incorporated. Then add cacao powder, baking powder and baking soda and stir. Finally add coconut flour. Avoid adding too much coconut flour as it will absorb too much moisture which will result in drier brownies.
- Once combined, pour the mixture into a baking tray lined with greased baking paper. We used a 9″/23cm square tin. Sprinkle the choc chips on top of the mixture.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes. Remove the tin and cool for 5-10 minutes before carefully removing the brownie cake from the tin. Cut them into squares and enjoy!
- Serve with raspberries or strawberries and maybe some fresh cream or coconut yoghurt to be extra decadent.