Many children have a unique fascination with creepy crawlies and any kind of animal that can be found in their very own backyard. With the weather heating up what a perfect time of year to explore outside and make beautiful creations inspired by nature!
This is an egg-cellent (oh come one how could we not!) craft activity for your little ones to express their creativity.
What you need:
- 1 x 12 egg carton
- Coloured paints
- 2 x googly craft eyes
- 1 x pipe cleaner
- Craft clue
- Scissors or art knife
- Cut the lid of the egg carton off and snip straight down the carton lengthways to give yourself 2 caterpillars waiting for someone to beautify them!
- With scissors or an art knife, trim the edges to neaten them for a nice caterpillar shape.
- Paint your caterpillar to your heart’s desire!
- Use the craft glue to place on the googly eyes.
- Slice two holes in the top of the caterpillars head and insert the pipe cleaner antennae from beneath.
- Enjoy your new creepy crawly caterpillar friend!