This dish is something that the whole family will enjoy. These tasty veggie balls are the perfect way to get your kids and family eating vegetables without any hassle!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp of tomato sauce – plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp of mixed herbs
- Pinch of plain flour
- 150g Breadcrumbs
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 50g Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Butternut pumpkin, peeled and grated
- 1 Zucchini, grated
- 2 Carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 Onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Lightly beat the egg and set aside.
- Chop the mushrooms and onion and place in bowls.
- Peel and grate the butternut pumpkin, zucchini and carrots and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Put all of the prepared vegetables into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the mixed herbs, parmesan cheese, beaten egg, soy sauce, tomato sauce and bread crumbs.
- Combine all of the ingredients and begin shaping the mixture into small balls.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a plate and lightly roll the balls in the flour.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and begin frying the balls for roughly 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow time for the veggie balls to cool and serve with tomato sauce.