Fruit, vegetables, lean protein and healthy fats – these prawn and avocado lettuce cups are the perfect starter to a meal.
1 large avocado, diced
1 mango, diced
200g cooked, peeled prawns
½ long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
½ large lime, zest and juice
1 tsp olive oil
½ tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
8 leaves from iceberg, cos or gem lettuce
- In a bowl combine diced avocado and mango.
- Chop prawns into small pieces and place into bowl with avocado and mango.
- Add chilli, juice and zest from the lime, olive oil and parsley and stir to coat.
- Place lettuce cups on a tray, divide prawn mixture between cups and serve immediately.
Prep time: 15
Cook time: 0
- Shredded chicken breast could be used as an economical replacement for prawns, or if you have friends or family with a seafood allergy.